J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 1998
University of Salzburg, Austria, International Comparative Constitutional Law, 1996
B.A., University of California, San Diego, Political Science, 1994
9th Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. District Courts Central District
U.S. District Courts Eastern District
U.S. District Courts Northern District
- State Bar of California, Labor; Employment Section, Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
- Sacramento County Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Labor; Employment Section, Member
- Sacramento Area Human Resource Association, Member
- San Joaquin Area Human Resource Association, Member
- National Eagle Scout Association, Member
Alden J. Parker
- Contact information:
- T: 916.558.6041 : 415.772.9604
- F: 916.446.1611
- ADA Compliance
- Employee Mobility/Corporate Raiding Prosecution and Defense
- Labor and Employment
- Labor and Employment Counseling
- Misappropriation/Unfair Competition Injunctions Prosecution and Defense
- Trade Secret Misappropriation Prosecution and Defense
Alden J. Parker is a shareholder in the firm’s Labor and Employment and Litigation groups. Prior to joining Weintraub Tobin, Alden was the former founding partner of a California employment law firm, as well as an attorney with a National labor & employment firm. Alden represents employers in a broad range of employment law and labor relations matters. His representation includes employment litigation, class action defense, defense against NLRB charges, maintaining Union Free workplaces, and advice & counsel. Alden has represented many industries throughout California. However, he regularly works with the restaurant, retail, and transportation industries on the various unique employment issues they are faced with. Alden is also a frequent lecturer for many human resources organizations, including those affiliated with the Society for Human Resources Management.
Alden regularly defends employers against employment claims for discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, violation of wage and hour laws, unfair business practices, trade secrets, as well as numerous other tort and statutory employment law causes of action. Substantive areas of expertise include the Uniform Trade Secrets Act, California Fair Employment and Housing Act, National Labor Relations Act, California Labor Code, Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Family Medical Leave Act, California Family Rights Act, workplace privacy laws.
Alden graduated in 1994 from the University of California, San Diego, receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. In 1998, Alden received his Juris Doctor from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. He also attended the University of Salzburg, Austria, studying International Comparative Constitutional Law under United States Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy.
Alden believes in giving back to the community in which he resides. Living in East Sacramento with his wife and two children, Alden coaches his son’s soccer team and assists with his Cub Scout troop. Once in a while, he manages to play a little golf and tennis.
Areas of Practice
- Wage and Hour and Class Action Litigation
- Discrimination/Harassment/Retaliation/Whistleblower Litigation
- Administrative Actions (DLSE, DFEH, EEOC, EDD)
- Trade Secret & Employee Raiding Litigation & Counseling
- Employment Counseling, Wage and Hour Advice Counseling, Audits and Litigation Prevention
- ADA Access Cases, Employee Handbooks, Leaves of Absence, and Union Avoidance
- Represented retail, restaurant, agricultural, automotive, lodging/hospitality, and insurance broker employers throughout the state of California in defense of claims of employment harassment/discrimination/retaliation (gender, race, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation); whistleblower; wrongful termination in violation of public policy; breach of employment contract.
- Represented national retail employer in defense of multiple simultaneous claims by employees of Age Discrimination and Harassment.
- Represented national retail employer in defense claims of disability discrimination, disability harassment, and retaliation for taking a protected leave of absence under FMLA/CFRA.
- Defended restaurant employer in class action wage & hour suit filed by restaurant managers alleging misclassification, unpaid overtime, denial of meal & rest periods in violation of the California Labor Code. Successfully had the class allegations dismissed, along with one of the representative class members.
- Defended restaurant employer in class action wage & hour suit filed by servers alleging improper deductions taken from their paychecks.
- Defended restaurant employer in class action wage & hour suit filed by servers alleging unpaid overtime and denial of meal & rest periods in violation of the California Labor Code. Successfully had the class allegations dismissed.
- Defended restaurant employer in class action wage & hour suit filed by servers alleging unpaid overtime and denial of meal & rest periods in violation of the California Labor Code.
- Defended delivery employer in class action wage & hour suit filed by commercial drivers alleging multiple violations of the California Labor Code, Wage Orders and F.L.S.A.
- Defended Automotive industry employer in multi-plaintiff wage & hour suit filed by salespersons, claiming unpaid overtime, meal & rest periods and unlawful deductions from commissions.
- Defended employers in numerous wage & hour claims before Federal & State Courts, as well as the California Office of Labor Commissioner.
- Represented employers/business establishments in federal court in defense of lawsuits under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Represented numerous employers in litigation involving allegations of misclassification of individuals as independent contractors.
- Represented public entities in claims of wrongful termination under applicable California labor and governmental codes.
Alden is an extremely well regarded speaker, regularly training and speaking on a wide variety of employment law topics. He has been a guest speaker for the Sacramento Area Human Resources Association, the San Mateo Employers’ Advisory Council, the Merced Employers’ Advisory Council, the San Joaquin Human Resource Management Association’s monthly seminars, and the Central Valley Human Resource Management Association’s monthly seminars. He also frequently conducts training seminars throughout the United States on employment law issues for management and non-management employees.
You can follow Alden’s upcoming speaking engagements on his LinkedIn page.